Program Description and Objectives
InnovACTION Program is a capability-based professional development program that focuses on innovation and technology management. The goal of the Program is to develop the capabilities of innovators to design, develop and commercialize technologies, products and services. The specific objectives of the program are:
- To provide participants with an understanding of the concept, content and process of innovation to enhance their skills;
- To further develop the capability of innovators to think more innovatively, apply future orientation to their innovation development process, and to develop their skills to collaborate, communicate and create profitable, market creating partnerships;
- To provide participants with the knowledge and tools to help them understand the scientific and industry dynamics of the sectors in which their innovations are situated.
- To provide participants with tools, knowledge and connections which enable them to better position their innovations in comparison to other related solutions attempting to solve same challenges.
The program will consist of the following formats:
Innovation Clinics to discuss individual project proposals and help participants build personal learning roadmaps that meet their specific needs:
Virtual Masterclasses of 90 minutes each on the different thematic areas
Up to 6 hours of personalized coaching and mentoring
Project-based applied research
Cross-sector knowledge exchange and discussion forums
What participants can do after this program
At end of the program, participants would have gained concrete, hands on capabilities to develop and deploy market creating innovations. Participants will be able to:
- Develop solutions creatively Collaborate effectively
- Think more innovatively
- Connect their business with scientific principles
- Accelerate their innovations
- Tap into InnovAction network to validate their innovations
- Make data-backed decisions
Virtual Innovation Clinics
The objective of the clinic is to identify challenges and competence gaps of the participants. The discussions will be based on participant submissions during the admission period. Following the clinic each participant will write a personal innovation plan to guide his/her studies. These plans will serve as individual roadmaps for participants.
Virtual Master Classes
The program comprises general innovation readiness topics aimed at enhancing the skills of innovators to continuously think innovatively, network efficiently and to manage technological, product/service and market innovations effectively. The Master Classes also provides analysis of contemporary scientific and industry trends.
Virtual Coaching and Mentorship
Participants will be assigned mentors and coaches based on the assessment of their development needs. The Coaches will determine the schedule of the sessions, but the general recommendation is to schedule sessions for evenings and weekends and in accordance with time zone considerations of coaches and mentors.
InnovACTION Master Class Structure and ContentThe table provides an overview of the InnovACTIOn Fellowship Program.
|Component||Core Competences||Topics||Number of hours|
|General Innovation Readiness Studies||Market Creating Competence||Market Creating Innovations|
|Innovation Project Management||Understanding the Innovation Development (Concept, Process and Context)|
Commercialisation and Technology Transfer
New Product Development
Financing Models for Innovation
|Networking and Collaboration Competence||Creating and Managing Winning Collaborations|
Writing a Winning Proposal
Getting to yes – Pitching for Success
|Self-Management and Personal Growth||Developing an Innovation Mindset|
Self-Efficacy and Personal Growth
|Analytical Competence||Innovation Thinking Skills (Design Thinking, Systems Thinking, Creative Thinking)||2 hours|
|Sector/Industry Specific Competence||Scientific Competence|
|Agriculture, AgriTech and Agribusiness|
Energy and Environment
Health and HealthTech
Education and EdTech
Finance and FinTech
Transportation and Travel
Creative Entertainment and Leisure
4IR ( Cyber-security, Robotics, 3D Printing, Internet of Things, Blockchain and related technologies)
|6 hours per sector|